Roasted Vegetable & Chickpea Salad with Cilantro Chimichurri
Servings: 2 servings
- 3 Carrot (medium, chopped)
- 1 cup Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/16 oz Avocado Oil Spray
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/3 cups Chickpeas (drained, rinsed)
- 5 1/16 ozs Roasted Red Peppers (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the carrot and red onion on the baking sheet. Spray with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, chili flakes, and olive oil. Season with salt and set aside.
- Place the chickpeas, roasted red pepper, carrot, and red onion on a plate. Top with the cilantro chimichurri and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately two cups.
More FlavorAdd broccoli and zucchini.
No CilantroUse parsley instead.
Avocado Oil SprayOne gram (or 0.03 ounces) of avocado oil spray is equal to a one-second spray.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 279mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 16409IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 4mg