Seared Cod & Lemon White Beans
- 4 Cod Fillet
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsps Avocado Oil
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 tsps Thyme (fresh, minced)
- 3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 cups White Navy Beans
- 5 cups Arugula
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- Season the cod with sea salt and preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add the avocado oil to the pan then add the cod. Cook for 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic. Cook for one minute, then add the thyme and cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and beans and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the arugula, lemon juice and olives and stir until the arugula is wilted.
- Divide the bean and vegetable mix between plates and top with the cod. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
No Chicken BrothUse vegetable broth instead.
No Avocado OilUse extra virgin olive oil instead.
No ArugulaUse spinach or kale instead.
Fillet SizeOne fillet is equal to 231 grams or 8 ounces.