Seared Scallops with Green Beans
- 3 cups Green Beans (washed, trimmed)
- 12 ozs Scallops
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Butter (divided)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (finely chopped)
- Bring a small amount of water to boil in a medium-sized pot. Place a steamer basket on top. Add the green beans, and cook for about three to four minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Place the scallops on a plate lined with a paper towel to ensure they are very dry. Season with sea salt and pepper. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add half of the butter. Add the scallops and cook for three to four minutes on one side. Flip and cook for one to two more minutes. During the last 30 seconds, add the remaining butter and let it melt and foam, then spoon this over top of the scallops. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, lower the heat to medium-low. Add the green beans and garlic and toss to combine. Cook for one to two minutes, until the garlic is fragrant. Remove and divide onto plates. Top with scallops and any leftover juices from the pan and plate along with the parsley. Enjoy!
LeftoversGreen beans can be refrigerated for up to three days. The scallops are best served right away.
Serving SizeOne serving size is approximately 1 1/2 cups of green beans and three large scallops.
Dairy-FreeOmit the butter or use another cooking oil.
More FlavorAdd a pinch of chili flakes to the green beans while cooking.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 681mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1858IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 3mg