Sesame Chicken Chopped Salad
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 8 cups Coleslaw Mix (pre-sliced, from the bag)
- 2 Navel Orange (peeled and cubed)
- 4 stalks Green Onion (sliced)
- 1 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (peeled and grated)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Toss the chicken with the Chinese Five Spice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, chopped oranges, green onion, and cilantro. Divide this mixture between bowls or containers. Top with cooked chicken and sesame seeds.
- In a mason jar, combine the coconut aminos, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Shake well.
- Before serving, pour dressing over the salads and toss well. Enjoy!
LeftoversKeeps well in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Vegan and VegetarianInstead of chicken, use tofu or chickpeas.
More CarbsMix cooked quinoa or vermicelli noodles into the salad.
No Coconut AminosUse tamari or soy sauce instead.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 386mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 6957IU | Vitamin C: 116mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 3mg