Sesame Soy Tuna Steaks
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tsps Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsps Sesame Oil
- 1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
- 10 ozs Tuna Steak
- 1 1/2 tsps Avocado Oil
- 1 stalk Green Onion (optional, garnish)
- Combine the tamari, maple syrup, sesame oil, and ground ginger in a zipper-lock bag or shallow bowl.
- Pat the tuna steak dry with a paper towel then place in the marinade for five to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat then add the avocado oil. Shake off any excess marinade from the tuna steak before placing in the pan. Cook for two to four minutes per side. This timing will depend on the thickness of the steak and desired doneness.
- Transfer to a plate to rest for three to five minutes before topping with chopped green onion, if using. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to 140 grams or 5 ounces of tuna.
More FlavorAdd hot sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, and/or more maple syrup to the marinade.
Additional ToppingsSesame seeds, extra tamari, red pepper flakes, and/or cilantro.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 568mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg