Sesame Trout, Bok Choy & Quinoa
- 1 cup Quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- 2 cups Water
- 4 Rainbow Trout Fillet
- 8 cups Bok Choy (baby, halved)
- 2 tbsps Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (218ºC).
- Combine quinoa and water together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Let simmer for 13 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the trout and bok choy to a baking sheet and gently coat in oil. Season with salt and sesame seeds. Bake for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Divide the quinoa, trout and bok choy onto plates. Enjoy!
Trout FilletsEach fillet should be approximately 159 grams or 5.6 ounces in size.
No TroutUse salmon instead.
Save TimeCook the quinoa ahead of time. Cooked quinoa can be refrigerated up to 7 days, or frozen in individual portions up to 8 months.
StorageRefrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 to 3 days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to 1 trout fillet, 3/4 cup of quinoa and 1.5 cups of bok choy.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 440mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 6360IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 5mg