Shepherd’s Pie Bowls
- 2 Yellow Potato (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 head Cauliflower (chopped ino florets)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 Carrot (medium, peeled and diced)
- 3 stalks Celery (diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsps Poultry Seasoning
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Place the yellow potato and cauliflower in a large pot. Fill with enough water to cover them by one inch and cook on high heat until boiling. Once boiling, set a timer for 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower and potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until veggies are softened, then add the turkey and poultry seasoning. Stir the turkey around while it cooks to break it into small pieces. After about 10 minutes, or once the meat is cooked through, remove the pan from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the potato and cauliflower are tender and easily pierced with a fork, drain them and return to the pot. Add the almond milk and mash with a fork or potato masher. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the meat and the potato mixture between bowls or containers. Enjoy!
Lower CarbReplace the yellow potato with more cauliflower.
Vegan VersionReplace the ground turkey with lentils or shredded tempeh.
LeftoversKeeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days.