Shrimp & Kale Quinoa Bowl
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (dry)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsps Tamari
- 2 cups Kale Leaves (tough stems removed, chopped)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup Snap Peas (chopped)
- 8 ozs Shrimp, Cooked (tails removed)
- 2 tbsps Cashews (crushed)
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and tamari.
- Divide the chopped kale equally between serving bowls or plates. Top with equal amounts of quinoa, bell pepper, snap peas, and shrimp.
- Drizzle the dressing overtop and garnish with the crushed cashews. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Nut-FreeUse sesame seeds instead, or omit the cashews completely.
More FlavorAdd ginger and garlic to the dressing. Sauté the shrimp and veggies if preferred.
Make it VeganUse firm tofu, tempeh, or edamame instead of shrimp.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 397mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1472IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 4mg