Shrimp, Kale & Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup Water
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb Shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsps Maple Syrup
- 10 cups Kale Leaves (stems removed and chopped)
- 2 Carrot (medium, grated or sliced)
- Boil quinoa and water in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid for 13 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, coat the shrimp with cumin, salt and pepper. Heat 1/4 of the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, flipping halfway.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the vinegar, maple syrup and remaining olive oil.
- Add the kale and carrot, and massage in the vinaigrette. Add the cooked quinoa and shrimp and toss until thoroughly combined. Divide onto plates and enjoy!
No ShrimpUse chicken, chickpeas, tofu or tempeh instead.
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 189mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 7638IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 3mg