Shrimp Madras Curry
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, finely diced)
- 1 Tomato (medium, finely diced)
- 2 tbsps Madras Curry Powder
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 8 ozs Shrimp, Cooked (peeled, deveined)
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (chopped, for garnish)
- In a medium pot, heat the vegetable broth over medium-high heat. Cook the onions for five minutes, or until soft and golden brown. Add a tablespoon of water at a time, if the onions begin to stick.
- Add the tomato and madras curry powder. Cook for one minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk and lower the heat to a simmer for five minutes. Add more water until your desired consistency is reached (optional).
- Add the shrimp and simmer until warmed through, about two to three minutes. Divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately 3/4 cup of curry.
More FlavorAdd red hot chili peppers, chili powder, or cayenne if you prefer it spicier. Instead of using vegetable broth, fry curry leaves and mustard seeds in oil before cooking the onions.
No BrothUse water instead. Be sure to add salt and any other spices.
Additional ToppingsServe it with rice, naan, or mango chutney.
No Madras Curry PowderUse yellow curry powder instead, adding additional chili powder according to your preference.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 504mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 964IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg