Shrimp & Onion Fritters
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 1/3 ozs Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 8 ozs Shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1/3 cup Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 stalk Green Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (optional for garnish)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, water, egg, chili flakes, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add in the shrimp, red onion, and green onion and stir well.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Scoop roughly 1 1/2 tbsp of batter into the skillet per fritter. Cook for about 15 minutes flipping halfway through, until the fritters are golden brown.
- Divide the fritters evenly between plates, top with cilantro if using, and enjoy!
LeftoversBest to enjoy immediately. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately six fritters.
More FlavorAdd bean sprouts to the batter.
Dipping sauceServe with cilantro sauce or sweet chili sauce if desired.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 275mg | Sodium: 174mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 444IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 3mg