Slow Cooker Beef Meatballs
- 4 Garlic (large cloves, divided)
- 3 cups Canned Whole Tomatoes (drained)
- 2 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/3 tbsps Italian Seasoning (divided)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- Roughly chop half of the garlic cloves then add to a blender or food processor with the tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, red pepper flakes, half of the Italian seasoning, and half of the salt. Pulse four to five times until combined and the ingredients are finely chopped. Set aside.
- Add the beef to a mixing bowl. Mince the remaining garlic and add to the meat along with the remaining Italian seasoning, remaining salt, almond flour, and egg. Mix well.
- Form the meat mixture into balls approximately one to two inches in diameter and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the tomato sauce over top of the meatballs. Cover and cook on high for four and a half hours or low for eight hours. Stir well and season with additional salt if needed.
- To serve, divide meatballs between plates and top with a generous amount of sauce. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately four to five meatballs.
More FlavorSeason meatballs with other dried herbs, like basil, oregano, and/or rosemary.
Additional ToppingsGrated parmesan cheese or fresh herbs like basil and parsley.
Serve it WithCooked noodles, cauliflower rice, quinoa, rice, or roasted vegetables.
No Canned Whole TomatoesUsed canned diced tomatoes instead.