Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (finely diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 Carrot (large, chopped)
- 6 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 6 cups Black Beans (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Lime (juiced)
- Combine all ingredients together in your slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 hours.
- Pour approximately half the soup into a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend into a smooth puree. Be sure to leave a spot for the steam to escape. Add the pureed soup back into the slow cooker and mix everything well. Ladle into bowls, top with desired toppings and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Freeze for up to two months.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately 1.5 cups.
ToppingsCilantro, avocado, sour cream, yogurt, cheese, salsa and/or tortilla chips.
Stove TopIf you don’t have a slow cooker, or if you need to increase the servings above 6 and your slow cooker is too small, make it on the stove top in a large stock pot instead. Add all ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer. Cover and let simmer on low for an hour before blending.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 45mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2352IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 6mg