Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
- 1 head Cauliflower (processed into rice)
- 4 cups Green Cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 3 cups Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Water
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey (or chicken)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach (optional)
- 1/3 cup Parsley (chopped, optional)
- Use a food processor to pulse your cauliflower into rice.
- Add all ingredients except ground turkey, spinach and parsley to your slow cooker. Stir very well to combine. Set ground turkey on the top. Cover with a lid. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours (or until meat is fully cooked through).
- Before serving, take the lid off and use a wooden spoon to break the cooked ground turkey into small pieces. Stir in the spinach until wilted. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an air-tight container up to 5 days, or freeze up to a year.
Serving SizeOne serving is roughly 2 cups of soup.
No Ground TurkeyUse any type of ground meat.
Vegan & VegetariansReplace the meat with 1 can of lentils, chickpeas or kidney beans.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 730mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2599IU | Vitamin C: 91mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 5mg