Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggie Teriyaki
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1/3 cup Tamari
- 2 tbsps Honey
- 2 tbsps Rice Vinegar
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 8 Cremini Mushrooms (quartered)
- 3 Carrot (medium, chopped)
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2 tbsps Water
- 1 1/2 tsps Sesame Seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Place the chicken thighs in your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tamari, honey, rice vinegar, and garlic. Pour on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for four hours.
- When the slow cooker has 30 minutes left, add in the pepper, mushrooms, and carrot. Give it a quick stir to combine. Cover and cook for the remaining time.
- Whisk together the arrowroot and water in a small bowl.
- When the four hours are done, remove the chicken and veggies from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon and set aside. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the remaining sauce from the slow cooker. Once hot add the arrowroot and water mixture. Bring to a low boil and stir until thickened, about two minutes. Pour over the chicken and veggies. Divide into bowls and top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is about 1 1/4 cup of chicken and veggies.
Additional ToppingsAdd in different vegetables such as broccoli, snap peas or zucchini. Serve on top of rice. Garnish with green onion.
No ArrowrootUse cornstarch.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 1483mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 8602IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg