Slow Cooker Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Soup
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 Red Bell Pepper (large, diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 1/2 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Wild Rice (dry)
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir the mixture, making sure to loosen the meat. Cover and cook for four hours on high or six hours on low setting.
- Divide between bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Freeze individual portions for up to three months.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately two cups.
Freezer MealPlace all the ingredients, except for the broth, in a bag. Seal it and place it flat in the freezer. When ready to eat, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator or take it out of the freezer at least one hour before cooking. Put the contents in the slow cooker, add the broth, cover and cook for four hours on high or six hours on low.
Additional ToppingsParmesan and/or mozzarella cheese. Fresh parsley, chives, basil and/or cilantro.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 477mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2252IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 5mg