Slow Cooker Lentil Chili
- 1 cup Dry Red Lentils (rinsed, uncooked)
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 1/2 cups Diced Tomatoes (from the can with juices)
- 2 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 3/4 cups Red Kidney Beans (from the can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 Avocado (optional, sliced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (optional, chopped)
- Add lentils, onion, bell pepper, carrot, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, sea salt and pepper to your slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, depending on the strength of your slow cooker. Once it is cooked through, add the kidney beans and stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and top with avocado and cilantro (optional). Enjoy!
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 1.5 to 2 cups of chili.
Likes it SpicyAdd one chopped jalapeno pepper.
More FlavorAdd the juice of one lime to the slow cooker just before serving.
No BeansUse lentils only.
LeftoversStore leftovers in the fridge for up to five days, or freeze for longer.