Southwest Stuffed Peppers
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (medium, seeds removed, finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 2 tbsps Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (cooked, rinsed)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn (thawed)
- 1 cup Salsa
- 4 Yellow Bell Pepper (tops, seeds & ribs removed)
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and add the water to a baking dish just large enough to fit the peppers.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Brown the turkey in the pan, breaking it up as it cooks, about five minutes. Add the onion and jalapeno and cook for three to five minutes more or until the onion begins to soften. Add the garlic and taco seasoning and cook for another minute. Add the black beans, corn, and salsa to the pan and stir to combine.
- Stuff the peppers with the turkey filling. Place the peppers so that they are standing upright in the prepared baking dish. (Note: use balled-up aluminum foil to support them if needed). Cover with foil or a lid and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the peppers are very tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower rice according to package directions. To serve, divide the peppers and rice between plates and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one pepper.
Additional ToppingsCilantro, avocado, green onion, diced tomatoes, hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cheese, or extra salsa.
No Yellow PeppersUse red, orange, or green peppers instead.
No TurkeyUse chicken or beef instead.
Higher CarbsUse white or brown rice instead of cauliflower.