Spaghetti with Mussels
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Water (reserved from cooking pasta)
- 1 lb Mussels
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Broth
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsps Parsley (chopped)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve the pasta water and drain.
- Meanwhile, place mussels in a large colander and rinse with cold water. Discard any broken mussels and remove beards if necessary.
- Warm the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for three to four minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth to the pan and bring to simmer. Transfer mussels to the simmering liquid and cover with a lid. Let them steam for six to eight minutes or until the mussels have opened.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan along with a splash of the pasta water. Stir and let simmer for about three minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add more pasta water as needed.
- Evenly divide the pasta and mussels onto plates. Top with lemon juice and parsley. Enjoy!
LeftoversRemove cooked mussels from their shells and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups.
More FlavorAdd chili flakes and cream.
Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 763mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 772IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 11mg