Spicy Shrimp Sushi Bowls
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 8 ozs Shrimp (large, peeled, deveined)
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp Tamari
- 1 Carrot (shredded)
- 1/2 Cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 Avocado (cubed)
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Let the cooked rice cool slightly.
- Pat the shrimp really dry using paper towel. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the shrimp and cook for two to three minutes per side, until pink and cooked through. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise, sriracha, and tamari in a small bowl. Add the cooled and cooked shrimp and toss to combine.
- Divide the rice, carrot, cucumber, and avocado into bowls. Add the shrimp and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
More FlavorAdd grated ginger or garlic to the shrimp when cooking or into the sauce. Season with salt to taste.
Additional ToppingsSesame seeds and/or lime zest.
Fewer CarbsUse cauliflower rice, instead.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 304mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5292IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 2mg