Spicy Sticky Meatballs
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsps Sriracha
- 1 1/2 tbsps Tamari
- 1 1/2 tbsps Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps Honey
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl. Add the beef and bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Roll the beef into roughly one-inch balls and place them on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot over medium-low heat, combine the sriracha, tamari, rice vinegar, and honey. Bring to a low simmer and whisk until combined and thickened slightly, about four to five minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the pot and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is about five meatballs.
More FlavorAdd garlic and/or ginger to the meatballs or the sauce.
Additional ToppingsTop with fresh cilantro or green onions, and/or sesame seeds.
Gluten-FreeUse gluten-free bread crumbs.
Serve it WithServe as an appetizer or with lettuce cups or over rice.