Spicy Watermelon Salad with Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- 3/4 Seedless Watermelon (medium, cubed, divided)
- 2 Lime (juiced, zested, divided)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 4 Barbecue Skewers
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (cubed)
- Make the marinade: add 1/4 of the watermelon, half of the lime juice and zest, oil, honey, tamari, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend for at least 30 seconds. Add the marinade and chicken to a sealable container. Cover with a lid, shake, and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (this can also be done overnight).
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Add the chicken to the skewers and cook on the grill for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining watermelon, lime juice, lime zest, jalapeño, cilantro, and feta in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve the chicken kabobs with watermelon salad. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately one 10-inch (25 cm) chicken kabob and 1 1/4 cups of salad.
Dairy-FreeUse dairy-free cheese instead of feta.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 526mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 57g | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 3mg