Spinach Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- 4 ozs Sweet Potato (sliced into thin rounds)
- 7 Egg
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 8 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (218ºC). Grease a glass pie plate with a bit of cooking spray. Cover the base and sides of the plate with the sweet potato rounds. Layer the rounds until no glass is showing. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs & pour egg whites into a mixing bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray. Add in minced garlic and green onions. Sautee for 3 to 5 minutes. Add in chopped spinach and saute just until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add spinach mix and diced tomatoes into the egg mix. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Remove sweet potato crust from the oven. Pour egg mixture over top of the crust. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375ºF (191ºC). Place quiche in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Size4oz is ~a medium sweet potato, ~5″ long & 2″ diameter.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 326mg | Sodium: 280mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4661IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg