Spinach Salad with Tuna & Egg
- 2 Egg
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 can Canned Tuna (flaked and drained)
- 1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat slightly and add the eggs. Cook for 7 minutes for a soft boiled egg. Once the eggs are done, add them to a bowl of ice water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice to create the dressing.
- Add the spinach to a plate and top with tuna, olives and the egg. Drizzle with the dressing and season with sea salt. Serve and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate the salad and dressing in separate airtight containers for up to two days. If you’re using the egg later, you may wish to cook it hard-boiled.
Canned TunaOne can of tuna is equal to 165 grams (5.8 ounces).
More FlavorMix mayonnaise with the tuna.
No Baby SpinachUse arugula or mixed greens instead.
Additional ToppingsAdd sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes or cucumber to the salad.
No OlivesOmit or use sun-dried tomatoes instead.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 216mg | Sodium: 729mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7461IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 6mg