Steak & Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 8 ozs Flank Steak
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 8 leaves Romaine (chopped)
- 2 Tomato (quartered)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 of the oil. Dry the steak well and season with salt and pepper. Place the steak in the pan and cook for about 18 to 20 minutes, flipping once. The timing will depend on how thick your steak is and your desired doneness. Remove, let rest for 10 minutes, and then slice against the grain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the romaine, tomato, and red onion.
- In a small bowl add the remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Divide onto plates and top with the blue cheese and steak. Enjoy!
LeftoversSalad is best stored separate from the dressing. Keep in an airtight container for up to three days.
Dairy-FreeOmit the blue cheese or use vegan cheese instead.
Additional ToppingsAdd toasted walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, or pumpkin seeds.