Steak with Cherry Salsa
- 1 1/2 tsps Butter
- 10 ozs Top Sirloin Steak
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Cherries (pitted, chopped)
- 2 tbsps Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 Lime (medium, juiced)
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper (seeds remove, finely diced)Discussion
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Add the steak to the skillet and cook for about two to three minutes per side, or until it has reached your desired doneness. Set aside and let rest for at least five minutes before cutting into slices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the cherries, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeño. Mix well and season with salt.
- Spoon the cherry salsa over the steak and enjoy!
LeftoversBest enjoyed immediately. Refrigerate the steak and salsa in separate containers for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one steak and approximately 1/3 cup cherry salsa.
More FlavorAdd avocado to the cherry salsa.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 74mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 249IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg