Sticky Ginger Meatballs
Servings: 2 servings
- 8 ozs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 3 tbsps Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsps Honey
- 1 tsp Ginger (fresh, grated)
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 stalk Green Onion (sliced, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground beef with garlic, salt, and pepper. Roll the beef into roughly one-inch balls and place them on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan mix together the soy sauce, 3/4 of the water, chili flakes, honey, and ginger. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Mix cornstarch with the remaining water to create a slurry and add it to the sauce. Simmer for one more minute to thicken and remove it from the heat.
- Toss the meatballs in the sauce. Top with green onions and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately six meatballs.
More FlavorAdd onion and parsley to the meatballs.
Additional ToppingsAdd sesame seeds.
No CornstarchUse flour, arrowroot powder, or tapioca starch instead.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1390mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 256IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg