Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 Jalapeno Pepper (medium, seeds removed, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Basmati Rice, Cooked
- 1/4 cup Black Beans, Cooked
- 1/4 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes (from the can, undrained)
- 2 Poblano Pepper (large, halved, seeds removed)
- 2 ozs Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Brown the beef in the pan, breaking it up as it cooks, about five minutes. Add the jalapeno and taco seasoning to the pan and cook for another minute. Add rice, black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Stuff the peppers with the beef filling and place them on the baking tray. Cover the peppers with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and add the cheese on top. Broil for two to three minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is one stuffed pepper.
No JalapenoOmit or use chili flakes instead.
Additional ToppingsCilantro, green onion, hot sauce, and/or salsa.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 509mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 273IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 4mg