Sweet Potato & Chicken Sausage Hash
- 3 links Trader Joe's Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage (sliced)
- 1 Sweet Potato (medium, diced into cubes)
- 3 cups Kale Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Apple (medium, diced)
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- In the same skillet, add the diced sweet potato and cook over medium-high for 1 to 2 minutes or until brown on one side. Lower the heat to medium, stir and cook for 7 to 8 more minutes or until tender and cooked through.
- Add the kale and the apple to the sweet potato with the cinnamon and cover with a lid. Cook over medium for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the kale is wilted. Then add the sausage to the skillet and mix until warmed through. Add sea salt to taste. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Prep AheadCook the sweet potato in advance to save time.
No KaleUse another hearty green such as dandelion or shaved brussels sprouts.
No Trader Joe’sUse another pre-cooked chicken sausage. Or (uncooked) turkey, chicken, or pork sausage, or ground meat instead.
Vegans & VegetariansUse lentils instead of sausage.
Add EggsIf you love eggs in the morning, scramble a couple in the hash or cook them separately over easy and place on top.