Sweet Potato Salmon Patties
- 2 Sweet Potato (large, peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1/3 cup Dry Red Lentils
- 8 ozs Canned Wild Salmon (boneless, skinless, drained)
- 1 1/2 tsps Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 Egg (whisked)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Boil the sweet potatoes cubes in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes well until smooth. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mash the salmon with the back of a fork until only small flakes remain. Add the salmon, dried parsley, garlic powder, salt, and cooked lentils to the mashed sweet potatoes and mix well. Stir in the flour and the egg until well combined (if the mixture is too wet add a little more flour).
- Heat half of the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Scoop out approximately a 1/4 cup of the sweet potato mixture and form into small patties, three to four inches in diameter. Cook for four to five minutes per side or until browned then transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining sweet potato mixture adding the remaining oil to the pan as needed.
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd other dried herbs and spices to taste, like dill or cumin.
No Canned SalmonUse a cooked salmon fillet or canned tuna instead.
Kid-FriendlyMake them into mini patties.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 716mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9399IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg