Syrian Beef & Eggplant Dip
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 Eggplant (medium)
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Tahini
- 2 tsps Cumin (divided)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 8 ozs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (small, diced)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Parsley (for garnish)
- Adjust the oven rack closest to the broiler. Set the oven to high broil. Pierce the eggplant all over with a fork. Place the eggplant on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Flip the eggplant frequently, and watch closely as broilers vary.
- Wrap the eggplant in the foil and let rest for five minutes. Remove the skin from the eggplant and finely chop it.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggplant, yogurt, lemon juice, tahini, and half of the cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the ground beef and onions. Stir and break the beef up as it cooks. After seven to 10 minutes, add the tomato paste and the remaining cumin. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the eggplant mixture on a serving plate. Top with beef and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate the eggplant dip and beef mixture in separate containers for up to three days.
Additional ToppingsAdd pine nuts.
Short on TimeUse store-bought baba ganoush instead.
Serve it WithYour favorite flatbread.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 116mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 5mg