Taco Salad with Beef
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (chopped)
- 2 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsps Lime Juice (divided)
- 2 heads Romaine Hearts (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- In a pan over medium-high heat, brown the beef. Break the meat into very small pieces with a spatula and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess drippings, but keep the beef in the pan.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, tomatoes, jalapeno and green onion to the beef. Stir to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes until tomatoes are very soft. Remove from heat and stir in half of the lime juice. Season with additional salt if needed.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the chopped romaine lettuce with olive oil and remaining lime juice.
- To assemble the salad, divide lettuce between plates and top evenly with beef and avocado. Serve immediately and enjoy.
BeefNutrition info is for 96% lean beef. If you’re using a fattier cut, calorie and fat content will be higher.
StorageRefrigerate beef and lettuce separately in airtight containers for up to 3 days. Assemble salad just before serving.
More FlavorTop salad with additional tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, green onions, salsa, cilantro, lime juice or hot sauce.
Make it VeganUse black beans instead of ground beef.