Thai Chicken & Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 tsps Coconut Oil
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 oz Lemongrass (peeled, chopped into large pieces)
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless, chopped into cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Thai Basil (chopped)
- In a pot over medium heat, add the coconut oil, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 1 minute. Then add the broth, coconut aminos and lemongrass. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Remove the lemongrass stalks and discard. Add the coconut milk and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with basil. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Additional ToppingsAdd leafy greens such as spinach or kale.
No LemongrassUse extra lime juice instead.
No Coconut AminosUse tamari or soy sauce instead.
No Thai BasilUse regular basil, cilantro or mint instead.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1607mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg