Tofu & Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 8 ozs Tofu (extra-firm, pressed then crumbled into pieces)
- 1 tbsp Tamari (divided)
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsps Sesame Oil
- 1 Carrot (medium, peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Edamame (thawed)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 3 stalks Green Onion (chopped, divided)
- 1 1/2 tsps Sriracha
- 1 cup Cauliflower Rice
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the tofu to a bowl with 1/4 of the tamari and the rice vinegar. Stir to combine and ensure the tofu is well coated.
- Heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the seasoned tofu and cook for five to six minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- To the same pan add the carrots, edamame, and water. Cover with a lid and steam for about five minutes until the carrots are just tender.
- Add the garlic and half of the green onion and stir to combine then add the remaining tamari and sriracha. Stir well and ensure the tamari is bubbling before adding the cauliflower rice, cooked brown rice, and tofu to the pan. Stir to combine and continue to cook for two to three minutes or until the cauliflower rice is tender. Stir in the remaining green onions. Season with additional tamari or salt if needed.
- Divide between plates or bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
More FlavourAdd fresh ginger.
No TamariUse soy sauce or coconut aminos instead.
No EdamameUse green peas instead.
More ProteinScramble in some eggs or add cooked chicken, pork, beef, or shrimp.
Lower CarbMake entirely with cauliflower rice instead of mix.
More ProteinAdd a second source like shrimp or chicken.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 651mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6057IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 389mg | Iron: 4mg