Tofu & Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 cup Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/16 lbs Tofu (extra firm, drained and cubed)
- 1/4 cup Tamari (divided)
- 2 tbsps Rice Vinegar (divided)
- 5 cups Bok Choy (baby, halved)
- 3 Carrot (sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Water (plus more for frying)
- 1 tsp Molasses
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Ginger (fresh, minced)
- 1 1/2 tsps Tapioca Flour
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- In a container add the tofu along with half the tamari and half the rice vinegar. Let it marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu along with the marinade and fry for 7 to 9 minutes, until crispy and cooked through. Remove the tofu and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the bok choy along with some water to steam it. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, remove and set aside. Add the carrots and bell pepper to the skillet. Add more water as needed to allow the veggies to steam. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a blender add the water, the remaining tamari, the remaining rice vinegar, molasses, garlic, ginger and tapioca. Blend until smooth.
- Add the bok choy and tofu back to the skillet with the other veggies and pour the sauce over top. Cook for 1 minute more, then remove from heat. Divide the rice onto plates, top with the stir fry and sesame seeds, if using, and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
No Rice VinegarUse lime juice instead.
No Blackstrap MolassesUse maple syrup instead.
Additional ToppingsAdd more veggies such as mushrooms, broccoli, or cauliflower.
No Tapioca FlourUse arrowroot or cornstarch instead.
No Brown RiceServe over cauliflower rice or rice noodles instead.