Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 12 ozs Chickpea Pasta (dry)
- 3 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk (canned, full fat)
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsps Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 cans Tuna (4oz each, drained)
- 2 cups Sweet Potato Chips (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package, making sure to slightly undercook. Strain and run cold water over the pasta.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add mushrooms, peas, coconut milk, almond milk, nutritional yeast, mustard and salt. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Whisk in tapioca flour. Continue simmering until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add tuna and cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle crushed chips overtop. Bake on the lowest rack for 20 minutes. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an air-tight container up to 3 days. The sauce can also be stored separately in the freezer for future use. Add a splash of almond milk, water or broth when reheating.
No TunaUse edamame, chicken or chickpeas instead.
No Tapioca FlourUse arrowroot powder or cornstarch instead.