Turkey Cabbage Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3 1/2 cups Crushed Tomatoes (from the can)
- 4 1/2 cups Savoy Cabbage (thinly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Heat a few tablespoons of the water in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook the turkey and onions until cooked through and the onions are tender. Drain any excess liquid.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, cabbage, rice, and water. Stir until combined, then spread the mixture evenly in a baking dish.
- Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Cover again and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and cabbage is tender. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately two cups. 9- by 13-inch baking dish was used to make six servings.
More FlavorCook with oil instead of water. Use broth instead of water. Add fresh minced garlic to the dish before putting it in the oven.
Additional ToppingsAdd cheese, carrots, bay leaves, dried herbs, and/or black pepper.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 358mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 911IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 4mg