Turkey & Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey (99% lean)
- 1 1/2 tsps Coconut Oil
- 8 cups Green Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Carrot (large, chopped)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 Lime (juiced, plus more for garnish)
- 3 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (fresh, minced or grated)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Heat a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Leave the lid off and add the turkey, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, drain any excess drippings from the pan and set the turkey aside.
- To the same skillet, add the oil. Once warm, add the cabbage and carrot. Stir to coat in the oil and sauté for a minute. Add the water then cover with the lid. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the cabbage wilts down and carrot is just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl combine the coconut aminos, lime juice, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Add the cooked turkey back to the skillet and stir to mix. Add the coconut aminos mixture and stir to combine everything. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Stir in the cilantro.
- Divide evenly between plates and serve with lime wedges, if using. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd maple syrup or honey, hot sauce, sesame oil or green onion to the coconut aminos mixture. Season with additional salt as needed.
Additional ToppingsTop with additional cilantro.
No TurkeyUse ground chicken or pork instead.
Save TimeBuy pre-shredded cabbage or a slaw mix.