Turkey & Quinoa Zucchini Boats
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsps Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsps Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 tsps Nutritional Yeast
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Place quinoa in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer and cover. Let simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat, stir with fork and set aside.
- Trim the ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp using a teaspoon. Finely chop the pulp.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, ground turkey, zucchini pulp, red bell pepper, corn, black pepper and half of the sea salt. Stir until turkey is cooked through (8 to 10 minutes).
- When turkey is cooked, drain the skillet of excess juice and stir in tamari and cooked quinoa. Remove from heat.
- Make "breadcrumbs" by combining almond flour, nutritional yeast and remaining sea salt.
- Spoon turkey quinoa filling into the zucchini shells and top with almond breadcrumbs. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
VegetarianSkip the ground turkey and use chickpeas or lentils, about 2 cups.
LeftoversRefrigerate the zucchini boats or just the turkey quinoa filling up to 3 to 4 days.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 1533mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1452IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 5mg