Turmeric & Ginger Butternut Squash Stew
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 5 cups Butternut Squash (peeled, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (dried)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 3/4 cups Canned Coconut Milk
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth, Low Sodium
- 1 cup Dry Green Lentils (rinsed)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- In a large dutch oven, over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil. Then add the garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté for three to five minutes, stirring often, until softened and fragrant.
- Add in the squash and turmeric and season with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute, stirring often. Pour in the coconut milk, broth, and lentils and stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until lentils and squash are cooked through.
- Transfer about half of the soup to a blender and carefully purée until smooth. Pour back into the pot and stir in the spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Divide into bowls, serve and enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Serving Size: One serving is equal to approximately two cups of stew. Additional Toppings: Top with chili flakes.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 166mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 20731IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 6mg