Vegan Cheese & Broccoli Baked Pasta
- 2 cups Mini Potatoes
- 2 Carrot (large, chopped)
- 9 ozs Chickpea Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Water (reserved from pasta water)
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Garlic (cloves)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 4 cups Broccoli (florets, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Add the potatoes and carrots to a steaming basket over boiling water and steam for 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions. Reserve some of the pasta water for the sauce.
- To a blender, add the cooked potatoes, carrots, nutritional yeast, salt, smoked paprika, garlic, onion powder, and some of the reserved pasta water. Blend for one to two minutes, until a smooth consistency is achieved. Add more water as needed.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to a baking dish. Pour the cheese sauce overtop and mix well to completely coat. Cover the dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to bake for 15 minutes more. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate covered, or in an airtight container for up to five days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups.
Additional ToppingsSprinkle vegan cheese shreds on top before serving.