Vegan Lentil Keema Spiced Chickpeas with Spinach & Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Canned Coconut Milk (divided)
- 2 Yellow Potato (small, cubed)
- 1 cup Dry Green Lentils
- 1 1/2 tsps Coconut Oil
- 2 tsps Coriander
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 3 Tomato (medium, halved)
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- In a large pot, add the water, half the coconut milk, potatoes, and lentils. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes uncovered, or until tender. Do not drain. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the coriander, cumin, and garlic, and cook for one minute. Stir in the onions for about five minutes, or until translucent. Add the tomato and cook for another five minutes.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk. Use a hand-held immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Add the peas, lime juice, potatoes, and lentils (with the liquid). Gently simmer for about five minutes or until warmed through. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Serving SizeEach serving equals approximately 1 3/4 cups.
More FlavorAdd garlic, chopped bell pepper, cauliflower, or green chilies. Season further with turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, or pepper to taste.
Too ThickAdd water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 131mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2962IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 7mg