Veggie Baked Eggs with Pesto
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Zucchini (medium, seeds scooped out and chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 Egg
- 1/4 cup Pesto (or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet (or another oven-safe pan) over medium heat. Add the zucchini, bell pepper and red onion and cook for five to six minutes or until the vegetables are just tender. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for another minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and make small wells for the eggs in the middle of the pan. Crack the eggs into the pan and season with additional salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the from oven and top with the pesto. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd red pepper flakes or other dried herbs and spices.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 372mg | Sodium: 344mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3086IU | Vitamin C: 97mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 3mg