Veggie Packed Beef Burgers
- 1 1/4 lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Carrot (small, peeled and grated)
- 1 Zucchini (medium, seeds removed then grated)
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsps Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsps Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 12 leaves Romaine
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, garlic, onion, grated carrot, grated zucchini, egg, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Mix well and form the mixture into patties about 4-inches in diameter.
- Grill the burger patties for five to seven minutes per side or until the burgers are cooked through.
- To serve, use leaves of lettuce as a bun. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one burger.
More FlavorAdd your favorite dried herbs and spices.
Additional ToppingsTop with your favourite burger toppings and condiments. Use a bun instead of lettuce leaves.
More VeggiesAdd chopped spinach or fresh herbs.
No BeefUse ground pork, turkey, chicken, or plant-based meat instead.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 483mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 6990IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg