Veggie Scramble with Strawberries
- 2 Egg
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 Tomato (medium, diced)
- 1 stalk Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Strawberries (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- Whisk the eggs/whites in a bowl and season with half of the salt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the peppers for about five minutes or until tender and just browned. Add the tomato and green onion and cook for two to three minutes more until the tomatoes have softened. Season the vegetables with the remaining salt.
- Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan and pour the eggs into the empty side. Stir the eggs frequently as they cook and incorporate the vegetables into the egg once the eggs are cooked through. Serve with strawberries and enjoy!
LeftoversBest enjoyed immediately.
More FlavorAdd dried herbs and spices like garlic powder or parsley.
No Red PepperUse any colour of bell pepper.
Like it SpicyAdd red pepper flakes or jalapeno pepper.
No StrawberriesServe with a different fruit instead.