Veggie & Tofu Curry with Rice
- 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice (dry)
- 9 ozs Tofu (firm, cubed)
- 1 1/2 tsps Curry Powder
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup Shallot (chopped)
- 1 bulb Fennel (medium, chopped)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/16 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth (warm)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Mix the tofu with the curry powder and half of the oil. Preheat a large non-stick pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, and cook until browned on all sides, about five minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil, shallots, and fennel. Cook for three to five minutes, until tender. Add the tomatoes and cook for two more minutes or until softened. Season with salt.
- Return the tofu to the skillet and add the broth and parsley. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Divide the rice and the tofu mixture between bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days or freeze individual portions for up to three months.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups of curry and 1/2 cup of rice.
More FlavorAdd garlic and use cilantro instead of parsley.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 481mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2652IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 462mg | Iron: 5mg