Watermelon & Cucumber Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1/8 Seedless Watermelon (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 Cucumber (peeled, diced)
- 2 tbsps Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 tbsps Mint Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. When the quinoa is cooked, let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the watermelon, cucumber, red onion, lime juice, mint and salt. Stir in the cooked quinoa and season with additional salt or lime juice if necessary. Chill before serving.
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately 1 cup.
More FatAdd a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or top the salad with hemp seeds.
No MintUse basil or parsley instead.
QuinoaCook the quinoa ahead of time and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa yields approximately 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 78mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg