White Bean & Lemon Kale Soup
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Carrot (chopped)
- 2 Leeks (white parts only, chopped fine)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsps Thyme (dried)
- 1 3/4 cups Cannellini Beans (drained, rinsed)
- 3 cups Water
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (stem removed, chopped)
- 3 tbsps Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- In a large pot over medium heat, add a splash of the vegetable broth, then add the carrots and leeks. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Then add the garlic, oregano and thyme and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add the beans, water and remaining broth and bring to a low simmer over medium heat. Then reduce to medium-low and add the kale and lemon juice. Stir and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, until the kale is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and top with parsley. Serve and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Serving SizeOne serving size is equal to about 2 cups.
Additional ToppingsTop with chili flakes and/or shredded parmesan.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 835mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7579IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 3mg