Zucchini Noodle Carbonara
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 4 slices Bacon, Cooked (chopped)
- 1/2 White Onion (diced)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Zucchini (medium, spiralized into noodles)
- 2 tbsps Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Boil enough water to cover the cashews. Pour the water over the cashews and allow them to soak while you prepare the meat.
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil. Once heated, add the chicken breast and bacon and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Discard the fat and set the bacon and chicken aside.
- To the same pan, add the onions and mushrooms. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- While the mushrooms and onions are cooking, prepare the sauce. Drain the cashews and add them to a blender along with the nutritional yeast, almond milk, garlic, arrowroot powder and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In the same pan as the onions and mushrooms, add the zucchini noodles, chopped chicken and bacon. Pour the sauce into the pan and mix well to combine. Keep everything in the pan until it is warmed through.
- Divide between bowls and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Save TimeBuy pre-spiralized zucchini (fresh or frozen).
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorSeason with black pepper or chili flakes.
Make it VeganUse cauliflower in place of the chicken, and tofu bacon in place of the bacon.
No ArrowrootThis is a thickening agent. Corn starch or xanthan gum would work but you can also omit.