Zucchini Quiche with Quinoa Crust
- 3/4 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 6 Egg
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Sweet Onion (finely diced)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 2 tbsps Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves (chopped)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Zucchini (sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 1/2 cups Egg Whites
- Place quinoa in a medium-sized saucepan and add the water. Place on the stovetop and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork. Let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC).
- Crack 1 egg into a mixing bowl and whisk with a fork. Add the quinoa and sea salt. Mix well to combine. Press the mixture down into the base of a glass dish to form a crust. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, heat your olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sautee your onion for about 8 to 10 minutes or until translucent. Add in the minced garlic and saute for another minute.
- Crack the remaining eggs into a mixing bowl and add almond milk. Add in the onion/garlic, basil and season generously with sea salt and pepper. Cover the crust with this mix and then press the zucchini chunks into the mix and over the top. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle goat cheese over top (optional, and not included in receip macros). Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
More GreensServe with a side of mixed greens tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Quinoa SensitivityUse millet instead.
LeftoversStore in an airtight container in the fridge up to three days and reheat before serving.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 279mg | Sodium: 863mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 663IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3mg